Saturday, November 26, 2011

Placement Assignments and Thanksgiving

CARTAGENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... is where I'll be living for the next 2 years. Placement announcements were last Thursday, or on Thanksgiving. I couldn't be more excited for CARTAGENA! Ahhh! I will be visiting my school, Soledad Román de Núñez, from Tuesday until Saturday this week, and so, although I know a little about the school, I will keep you in suspense but promise full details upon return to Barranquilla. In the meantime, you can read alllll about Cartagena and how great of a place it is going to be to visit (but seriously, #1 travel destination in Colombia; you have no excuses).

Thanksgiving dinner couldn't have been better. Although I tried to 'keep my expectations low', it was hard to do as Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Nevertheless, we were not let down. Peace Corps directors and their families all cooked up delicious (and American-style) food and we had a FEAST with about 60 people. From turkey, salad (woohoo vegetables, finally!), stuffing, casseroles, humus, green beans, carrots, pumpkin and apple pie, cakes... I might have eaten more than anyone and had a food baby that extended about 5 inches over my unbuckled jeans. It was glorious. Furthermore, we were able to watch a little US football and relax as digestion set in. Tons of fun, especially since everyone was so elated and relieved that site assignments were revealed and therefore the waiting/guessing game was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment