Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spanish/English Video Exchange with Colorado

Last year each of my ninth grade students got a pen-pal in Colorado. On both ends, students received letters and pictures from their pen-pal and sent the same back.


This year we did a video exchange instead. When I was home in Colorado for Christmas vacation, I met with my old high school Spanish teacher, Dan Gilden, about his idea. It turned out to be a success! My 11th grade students loved seeing kids in my old high school stumble through Spanish (as they themselves do in English) not to mention how different the students, school and dress-code appear. We selected participants for our video by rewarding students who got the highest scores on an English vocabulary test. They did a great job!

Unfortunately the video from Colorado is protected and therefore cannot be seen publicly. But at least here is our video from Colombia to Colorado. It's a decent representation of my [chaotic] school and some of my awesome students. Enjoy! 
We’re hoping after vacation to start again with more video-exchanges.

Here's the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment