Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Combating the Facebook Perception


Although it is flattering that so many people check facebook to see how my life in Cartagena is working out, alas it seems they are getting the wrong impression. 

Most pictures are taken when Peace Corps volunteers get together, and although my lifestyle does look pretty awesome, it does involve more that drinking beer, playing in the ocean and dancing with other Americans. In fact, most of my time is spent at school and in realizing that there is a lack of pictures with the Colombians who I work with and are most influential to my experience thus far, I took my camera to work for the day. Below are the teachers and some of the 11th graders.

Maybe I'll take some pictures of my neighborhood next week; however, photographing people who are showered and at the beach or a colonial castle seems more tempting than sweaty people surrounded by trash, graffiti and stray dogs getting it on...












 

No comments:

Post a Comment